Tuesday, October 21, 2014

INK REVIEW: De Atramentis Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Doyle




Ink Brand: De Atramentis
Inks Color: "Sir Arthur Conan Doyle" also known as "Oriental Red"
Color tones: Light wine red
Pen Used: Pilot Vanishing point Medium nib
Price: $12.95 for a 35ml bottle (.37 cents per ML)

  



Information

This ink was a bit of a challenge for me. At first, it wrote really light in my pen. I thought that maybe there was a bit of water that diluted it, so I let it sit for a day. I wrote the following night in my journal with it. Oh how it seemed so much better! It seemed to write great at first. Then, it started to skip. The hard start up's were after. As you can see from the picture above, it was fairly difficult to write with.

Now, here is the weird quirk. It only seemed to really be a pain on Clairefontaine paper! Yea, that is weird. I wrote with it on copy paper - fine. I wrote with it on my Piccadilly journal - fine. I wrote with it on Rhodia Paper - did okay; no issues that I can recall. But seriously, this ink is paper picky? And to be more specific, it was with Clairefontaine Triomphe paper where I had this issue. On occasion, it would skip with the other papers. 
I even thought that maybe I was out of ink, so I checked the pen - full of ink and working great.

This is probably not an ink that I would recommend to anyone, just because it can be finiky and it performs poorly.

My Star Rating: 1 out of 5 stars



Other Similar Links


No comments:

Post a Comment